Monday, February 14, 2011

Owl Punch

I've always stayed away from the more specific punches, like the owl punch. Just how many owls can one person use in cards and scrapbooking. The other day I was surfing around the web, looking for some ideas on a card for a make-and-take using the owl punch. Through the Sale-a-bration I got the Punch Bunch stamp set (shown in first image) and planned on just using the owl stamp that coordinates with the punch. After all, it would make it easier for the make-and-take (this being my first showing as a demonstrator). I was amazed at what I found.

I ended scouring the web and this is what I came up with so far. If I find more, I'll post them. This is a great start though. So much fun making the different things with just one punch. Correction, on the hippo I used two punches (also used the 1 3/4 inch circle punch for the body).


I think these are absolutely amazing and wish I could take credit for them, but I can't. Unfortunately I also can't give credit for those wonderful creative people who did come up with them. I searched so many websites finding these that I'm at a lost to try and give specific 'thanks'. So to all the wonderful people who did create these, I would like to think you. You have giving my Owl Punch much more life then I would have.

The moral of this little story. When you look at a punch, try and think 'outside the box'. I'm sure there is so much more you can do with the specific punch then just the one thing.

I'll be again searching through the web as my punch collection grows. Finding other unique things that each can make.

Until then enjoy your Owl Punch!

1 comment: